The Online registration periods
|Early admission||from November 4, 2019, until February 16, 2020 (inclusive) for the Master of Molecular Medicine, Master of Public Health and Master of Pharmacology and Toxicology programs||The online registration is free of charge|
|January until February 16, 2020 (inclusive) for Master in Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation|
|Regular admission||from February 17, 2020, until May 12, 2020 (inclusive) for the Master of Molecular Medicine, Master of Public Health, Master of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Master in Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation programs||You need to make a payment to submit your application. The amount of the application fee depends on the program|
For registration, please create your personal account on admissions.nu.edu.kz, fill out the Application form and submit the required documents.
Candidates applying to the Master of Molecular Medicine, Master of Public Health, Master of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Master in Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation programs are expected to have:
- an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and/or graduate degree (if applicable) in a relevant discipline. During the application period final year students may submit official current transcripts for consideration. Applicants recommended for admission must provide final transcripts and diplomas before the end of the Programs’ enrollment term. Graduates of the University are enrolled based on the evidence of final transcript confirming the degree completion followed by diploma submission within a month;
- Candidates may be enrolled conditionally based on evidence from graduating university that the candidates have completed the educational program and the candidate expects formal issuance of final transcript and/or diploma by certain date. In that case the decision on enrollment shall prescribe the period of time within which the candidate shall provide the necessary documents to the University;
- a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 or equivalent on applicant’s degree (bachelor, master or PhD (if masters and PhD have adopted a GPA approach);
- the required level of English language proficiency;
- strong reading, analytical and mathematical skills as demonstrated by GRE or GMAT test (optional). Although an official GRE/GMAT score is not an essential requirement, an applicant can enhance his/her application with a competitive GRE/GMAT score ;
- high level of motivation and strong interest in the Program outlined in the statement of purpose;
- 2 (two) confidential letters of recommendation;
- For Master of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Master in Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation programs only: Evidence of any professional and/or voluntary experiences related to biological and/or medical research (optional). Although this is not an essential requirement, an applicant can enhance his/her application with such evidence.
The required level of English proficiency:
1) The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the Program is an overall IELTS test score of 6.5 or higher (with no sub-scores less than 6.0 in each section), or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website;
2) the absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test report for admission to Nazarbayev University Zero Year of Master’s Programs is an overall IELTS test score of 5.5, with no more than one sub-score of 5.0, or the equivalent TOEFL scores as posted on the ETS website.
3) applicants to the Program, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- an undergraduate or graduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English;
- the applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University.
Applicants applying to the Program are required to:
1) complete and upload an online application form posted in the Personal account on the University website upon payment of the non-refundable application fee set by the University internal document/s;
2) upload to the Personal account scanned copies of the required documents before the indicated deadline.
Application package checklist for the Master programs:
- Complete application form;
- National ID or passport;
- Official document confirming name changes (if applicable);
- Degree diplomas with transcripts;
- IELTS or TOEFL test report/certificate valid as of the date of online documents submission to the Program (if applicable);
- Document confirming English as the language of instruction (only for applicants who earned their degree in a program which was taught in English and request an exemption from submitting IELTS or TOEFL);
- GRE/GMAT test certificates valid as of the date of online documents submission (optional);
- Two confidential letters of recommendation written within the last 12 month (to be provided by referees electronically or in hard copy);
- Statement of purpose of 500 words or less;
- 086у medical certificate (for Kazakhstani candidates) or a similar medical certificate with indication of general health (for international candidates);
- Document stating the presence or absence of a criminal record;
- Consent for Applicant’s/Student’s personal data processing;
- For Master of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Master in Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation programs only: Evidence of any professional and/or voluntary experiences related to biological and/or medical research shown in a CV, recommendation letter or in any other document (optional).
The Admissions Committee and/or Admissions Department may request additional documents when necessary.