BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING PROGRAM (BSN)
Nazarbayev University School of Medicine offers a premiere, state-of-the-art undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program that
- integrates international education, training, and qualifications for both the European Union standards and the U.S. requirements for baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice.
- is the only BSN program of its kind in all of Kazakhstan.
This 4-year Bachelor of Science program in Nursing is offered through the Nazarbayev University School of Medicine (NUSOM) and provides:
- the unique opportunity to study and work alongside medical school students, faculty and medical professionals.
- a program built upon a core foundation in sciences and humanities and a core nursing-specific curriculum
- learning opportunities where you will have both classroom and simulation training in our Simulation Center and direct patient-care, clinical focused learning in hospital settings.
- student progression from classroom focus to a more clinical patient-care focus by the fourth year.
- opportunities for research as throughout the program, students will have an opportunity to work on faculty and/or student research projects.
The final year will require the completion of a Senior Capstone Project.
Why Nursing? Nurses make a difference. Be a nursing student at Nazarbayev University!
Having a career as a nurse and in the healthcare field, provides you with:
- exciting opportunities to truly make a difference in the lives of local citizens and communities
- make a difference in lives at national and international levels.
What do nurses do? The vision and mission of nurses is to lead societies toward better health, to promote healthy lifestyles, healthy workplaces, and healthy communities.
- Nurses lead change and positively impact the health of Kazakh citizens and beyond
- Nurses provide care in various settings locally and globally.
- Nurses are employed in a variety of settings besides the traditional hospital setting:
- Administrative or management positions
- Education and Research
- Community and public health centers
- Social work
- Specialization areas
- Governmental and non-governmental settings (WHO, Project HOPE, Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, for example)
Preparing You For A Profession in Nursing
In addition to the core undergraduate curriculum that prepares you to be a Nazarbayev University graduate, Nazarbayev University and NUSOM will prepare you for the nursing profession through a rigorous academic program.
Courses with a science focus:
- Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, Pathophysiology, Genetics, Pharmacology
Courses in social and behavioral sciences:
- Sociology, Psychology
Courses with a research focus:
- Statistics, Research Methods, Data Analytics for Quality Improvement
Courses that focus on Nursing Science include:
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Nutrition
- Foundations of Nursing Practice, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Obstetric Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Geriatric Nursing
After Graduating with a BSN Degree
- Begin your career! Nurses are in high demand locally and globally.
- The BSN program provides a foundation for graduate education in nursing and other health-related fields.
- Serves as a stimulus for continuing professional development and life-long learning.
Please click here for the admission requirements. Online Application period: 22 October, 2018 – 15 April (23.59 Astana time), 2019
Nursing Professional Development Program
Professional Development Program in Collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing and UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center). To improve your clinical skills and basic science knowledge in keeping with evidence-based international standards. If you perform will, you will receive a Certificate of Completion and may qualify you to apply to two-year Bachelor in Applied Nursing Degree program.
Entry requirements and application package
- Graduate of a three-year nursing education program with above average performance
- Two or more years of nursing experience with above average performance review
- Application form. Please download it here, print, fill out, scan and send it with other required documents.
- One confidential letter of recommendation (from the supervisor, director of nursing, physician of the department in which the applicant works)
- Letter of support from employer
- One-page essay describing why the applicant is interested in the program, how the applicant believes he/she would benefit from it, and what the applicant future career / educational long-term plans are.
The applicant will be evaluated on a 1 (poor) to 5 (outstanding) scale for:
- Clarity of a written statement
- Match between long-term plans and objectives of the program.
- Diploma with transcripts
- Copy of applicant’s identity card or passport
The application period of Nursing Professional Development Program for 2019 is now closed.