Master in Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
The Master program in Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation is a two-year degree that will equip the graduates with theoretical as well as hands-on knowledge in the said field. The program’s focus on research will help the graduates to develop analytical skills, promoting excellence as well as innovation in healthcare practice. Long-term goal of this initiative is to promote evidence-based practice of Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation in Kazakhstan.
The Sports and Rehabilitation program graduates will be eligible to enroll for a PhD in Kazakhstan or abroad. Others will be able to work as:
- Rehabilitation specialists
- Sports team physicians
- Fitness and strength coaches for professional sports
- Physical Education teachers at high school and university levels
- Army and military training and rehabilitation specialists
- Private sports and gymnastics companies
The focus of the Master program in Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation will be to deliver a curriculum that is compliant with international standards and trains health professionals in evidence-based practice. The program will therefore produce graduates who will be able to deliver services in diverse areas of Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation at par with international standards of care.
The Master program in Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation is designed for those who have completed an undergraduate degree in clinical or basic science (with a minimum grade point average of 2.75 based on a 4.0 scale or equivalent).
The structure of the Master in Sports and Rehabilitation program is set out to begin with the basics of human body functions, including metabolism and nutrition, as it related to exercise and fitness. The program imparts knowledge about mechanics of the human body during exercise and injury. Students will be stimulated to think about application of this knowledge towards improving athletic performance and rehabilitating injury.
Program Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of musculoskeletal physiology, metabolism, biomechanics, exercise physiology, injury prevention, psychology, and nutrition to Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Apply this knowledge to design exercise regimes to achieve optimal athletic performance.
- Strategize best methods for the rehabilitation of injuries.
- Apply critical and analytical skills to research problems in Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Analyze and communicate complex scientific information as it relates to Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Conduct scientific research in full accordance with ethical and professional standards.