Master of Pharmacology and Toxicology program
The Master of Pharmacology and Toxicology is aimed to teach students different aspects of molecular, cellular and systemic Pharmacology and Toxicology. Students will gain advanced knowledge of the effects of drugs, poisons, chemicals and environmental toxins on human health. The Master of Pharmacology and Toxicology is a two year program and offers a mix of coursework and research components that will be supported by our leading academic researchers.
Graduates from this program can undertake further study at a PhD level in Kazakhstan or abroad. Others may seek careers in clinical trials, research, or pharmaceutical industry around the world. Additional career options include regulatory affair officers, patent lawyers, and medical sales representatives.
The Master of Pharmacology and Toxicology Program is based on international standards and designed for physicians, nurses, and other healthcare practitioners, as well as graduates of biosciences related fields. Graduates from other streams will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The program will enable students to gain broad exposure to a wide range of basic pharmacology and toxicology research as well as the application of principles of pharmacology in clinical research to connect the gap between basic and clinical pharmacology. Also, they will be trained on different aspects of toxicology in the preclinical stage such as improved drug discovery and development, and at the clinical stage including monitoring and identifying drug-drug interactions and pharmacovigilance.
Program Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Analyze the principles of pharmacology and toxicology as well as the mechanism of action and use of commonly used drugs.
- Apply relevant knowledge of pharmacology and toxicology including drug toxicity and drug-drug interaction in research and practice
- Apply critical thinking and analytical skills to research problems in pharmacology and toxicology.
- Communicate and disseminate of complex scientific information
- Perform scientific research in full accordance with ethical and professional standards.