Nursing Professional Development Program (PDP)
Professional Development Program in collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing and UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center). Improve your clinical skills and basic science knowledge in keeping with evidence-based international standards. If you perform well, you will receive a Certificate of Completion and may qualify to apply for two-year Bachelor in Nursing degree program.
Entry requirements and application package
- Graduate of a three-year nursing education program with above average performance
- Two or more years of nursing experience with above average performance review
- Application form. Please download it here, print, fill out, scan and send it with other required documents.
- One confidential letter of recommendation (from the supervisor, director of nursing, physician of the department in which the applicant works)
- Letter of support from employer
- One-page essay describing why the applicant’s interested in the program, how the applicant believes he/she would benefit from it, and what are the future career / educational long-term plans of the applicant.
The applicant will be evaluated on a 1 (poor) to 5 (outstanding) scale for:
– Clarity of a written statement
– Match between long-term plans and objectives of the program.
- Certificate of specialist in nursing
- Diploma with transcripts
- Copy of applicant’s identity card or passport
Please send scans of documents to an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application period for the professional development program for nurses for 2020: February 10 – March 9.