Admission to the PhD program is highly competitive and will be handled on a case-by-case basis evaluating candidates’ undergraduate curricula, master thesis or grades in MD program, English-language proficiency, motivation and references. Admissions decisions will be based on consideration of evidence provided by the candidate for the following areas:
- Completion of the PhD degree application form by the applicant on admissions.nu.edu.kz.
- Evidence of successful completion of either:
- 1st and 2nd cycle of higher education in a relevant discipline (including completion of a two year masters degree with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale), OR
- completion of a MD program or equivalent, OR
- Sufficient English language skills to be able to function effectively at PhD level, English-language environment, provided by
- Proof of a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS test with no less than a 6.0 in any subject or the TOEFL equivalent, OR
- Proof of completion of an academic degree in a university taught in English language,
- A project proposal for the PhD in biomedical sciences
- 2 reference letters
- any other documentation supporting your application i.e. evidence of any professional and/or voluntary experiences that develop essential skills related to laboratory work
Before applying to our program you should contact those faculty members working on topics of interest for you. Personal communication will be very important in the course of your PhD. If you have decided on a topic asks the faculty member offering it for a letter of support.
The final recommendation of the PhD Admissions Committee for admission into the PhD program will be based on a holistic consideration of all areas listed above. Selected applicants will be invited for personal interviews with members of the PhD Admissions Committee on campus or via Skype. During the interview they are expected to give a short presentation of their future project. All students will also be expected to demonstrate knowledge of core subjects of Molecular Medicine and demonstrate the knowledge and skills to translate scientific findings to medical treatments or integrate basic scientific concepts with clinical reasoning.
Ask your questions: